Join our AmeriCorps Ohio College Guides Team for the upcoming 2018-19 School Year!
Make a real impact on the lives of Cincinnati students and their surrounding community – become an AmeriCorps Ohio College Guide! Serve as an advisor, mentor and guide for underserved youth in Ohio, specifically- first generation college-going, low-income students in Cincinnati Public Schools. College Guides help students acquire information and knowledge necessary to prepare for, access and complete a postsecondary credential.
CYC’s AmeriCorps Ohio College Guides will:
- deliver programs and counseling on college and career exploration and financial education to 6th through 12th graders;
- provide support to 11th and 12th graders on strategic and tactile postsecondary access and financial planning;
- facilitate successful postsecondary transitions, persistence and ongoing financial education with high school graduates.
- Develop advising, mentoring, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Ohio College Guide positions are a full-time commitment of 1,700 service hours to be completed in 11 months, starting in August 2018.
- College Guides will receive a modest living allowance ($13,732.00), health insurance, and the Segal Education Award of $5,815 upon completion of service.
- Existing qualified student loans are deferred during time of service and a portion of accrued interest may be eligible for payment by the Corporation of National and Community Service.
- AmeriCorps Ohio College Guides receive ongoing skills training, and professional development opportunities.
The host sites for the 2018-2019 Ohio College Guides program are: Canton (Stark Education Partnership); Cleveland (College Now Greater Cleveland & Esperanza Inc.); Cincinnati (Cincinnati Youth Collaborative); Columbus (I Know I Can); Marietta (Connect to Success), Oberlin, (Ninde Scholars Program), Warren (Mahoning Valley CAP); Yellow Springs (Greene County College Success Partnership), and Zanesville (Scholarship Central).
For more information contact Crystal Smith, AmeriCorps Site Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org