In just one hour or less a week, CYC volunteers provide encouragement and guidance to students overcoming obstacles to success.
The VALUE of a mentor
A CYC mentor is a positive adult advocate in the life of a vulnerable young student. CYC mentors:
- Keep students in school and focused on academics
- Build young people’s self-esteem
- Expose kids to new experiences and opportunities
- Change lives
While the benefits and statistics are undeniable, the real impact of mentoring is best illustrated through personal stories. Take a look at a CYC mentoring success story to see how mentoring changes lives for the better.
The BENEFITS of mentoring with CYC
- Easy access to mentor coordinators who ensure and support a successful match
- Strong partnership with Cincinnati Public Schools emphasizes student academic success
- Flexibility and customization to meet volunteers’ and students’ needs
- Volunteers receive a variety of perks to enrich the mentoring experience. This include a free Y membership for mentors and mentees to use together, in addition to various discounts to local restaurants, events, and seasonal activities.
Fill out the volunteer application today.
Volunteer your time in any of the following CYC programs, and make a difference in the life of an at-risk student:
Matches an adult mentor with a student in grades 2-12. This is a one-year commitment with one hour weekly contact with a student.
Matches an adult mentor with an incoming college freshman to provide academic and personal support and encourage a successful first year.
This program offers exceptional flexibility. A team of mentors shares the responsibility of meeting with a group of students after school on a regular basis.
Take a single day and share your expertise, profession and/or talent with young people. Some opportunities include career day speakers, job shadowing, and career conference judges.
Contact us for more information on any of these opportunities.