Creating a pathway to success for vulnerable students
Research shows that mentored students have better academic and attendance records, higher promotion rates/lower dropout rates, and increased levels of self-esteem.
In just one hour or less a week, CYC mentors provide encouragement and guidance to students overcoming obstacles to success.
Mentoring program includes:
Matches an adult mentor with a student in grades 2-12. This is a one-year commitment of one hour weekly contact with your student.
This program offers exceptional flexibility. A team of mentors shares the responsibility of meeting with a group of students on a regular basis. Programs vary based on mentors’ and students’ needs. Examples include:
- After school programs like CYC Girls Club
- Weekly community events like Saturday Hoops – basketball, physical fitness, art, food, and lots of positive role modeling, every Saturday morning, January thru May! Learn more at the Facebook page.
Partners local businesses and corporations with a group of students. Programs vary based on businesses’ and students’ needs. Current worksite mentoring programs include:
- Bringing students to the work campus once a month to focus on college access and career development
- Bringing mentors into the schools to focus on positive role modelling and academic improvement
How to become a mentor:
If you are age 18 or older,
- Complete the online volunteer application
- Submit background check
- Attend two-hour orientation
To discuss worksite mentoring opportunities for your company, contact Volunteer Manager Cheri Jordan: firstname.lastname@example.org | 513.363.5243