In just one hour or less, CYC volunteers provide encouragement and guidance to students that help them overcome obstacles and succeed.
A CYC mentor is a positive adult advocate in the life of a vulnerable young student. CYC mentors:
- Keep students in school and focused on academics
- Build young people’s self-esteem
- Expose kids to new experiences and opportunities
- Change lives
While the benefits and statistics are undeniable, the real impact of mentoring is best illustrated through personal stories.
The Benefits of Mentoring with CYC
- Easy access to mentor coordinators who ensure and support a successful match
- Strong partnership with Cincinnati Public Schools emphasizes student academic success
- Flexibility and customization to meet volunteers’ and students’ needs
- Volunteers receive a variety of perks to enrich the mentoring experience. This include a free Y membership for mentors and mentees to use together, in addition to various discounts to local restaurants, events, and seasonal activities.
Volunteer your time in any of the following CYC programs and make a difference.
Research shows that mentored students have better academic and attendance records, higher promotion rates/lower dropout rates, and increased levels of self-esteem.
In just one hour or less a week, CYC mentors provide encouragement and guidance to students overcoming obstacles to success.
This program matches an adult mentor with a student in grades 2-12. This is a one-year commitment with one hour weekly contact with a student.
This program offers exceptional flexibility. A team of mentors shares the responsibility of meeting with a group of students on a regular basis. Programs vary based on mentors’ and students’ needs. Examples include:
- After school programs like CYC Girls Club
- Weekly community events like Saturday Hoops – basketball, physical fitness, art, food, and lots of positive role modeling, every Saturday morning!
Contact us for more information on any of these opportunities.