WAYS TO VOLUNTEER
Interested in volunteering? Sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/VibC9XdNyFSQjoCG2
Just show up. We’ll put you to work in something meaningful to you. No experience required. Our volunteers are just asked to be able to look our kids in the eyes and see the GOOD in them. Volunteer activities can include:
- Basketball – stations and drills with kids
- Fitness – workout stations with free weights, jump rope, footwork drills
- Art – create things side by side with our aspiring artists
- Music/Dance – bring an instrument to share/teach kids to dance, lead singing or jump rope – connect with your own inner child and come “double dutch” with us!
- Reading Room – read with children, and/or bring books to donate
- Speakers – we have two inspirational speakers each Saturday who speak for 5-7 minutes
- Lead the morning devotion or small group “Huddle” to discuss the week’s theme in small groups
- Lunch – bring hot lunch for 100 kids (and volunteers to serve). Our kids are not “picky” and appreciate a meal after a morning full of activity. This is a great opportunity for business, church, social and neighborhood groups-and families!
Want to make a heartfelt difference in the life of an impressionable child or young adult? Our very own Marcus Thompson, shares how you can get involved, connect with our kids, and have them feel important, loved, and confident! Learn more about Saturday Hoops, CYC, and mentoring in Marcus’s inspiring interview with Mona Morrow on A New Day. You can make a remarkable impact! Sign up to volunteer here! Please remember to select Saturday Hoops for your group affiliation!
Saturday Hoops was selected by students in the University of Cincinnati’s Carl H. Linder College of Business for Project Impact. Project Impact gives business students the opportunity to use their newly acquired business skills to help a United Way agency partner achieve its goals. We were delighted to be selected for a second year for this amazing opportunity, and are incredibly grateful for the caring college students who gave so generously of their time, talent, and heart for the kids at Hoops. We thank you!
Watch: Saturday Hoops leader, Lauren Hannan Shafer, recognized for volunteerism at the 2017 Women of the Year Awards.