One-to-one Mentoring Training
Train Today, Change a Life Tomorrow
Ready to make a difference in a young person's life? Take the final step. All new mentors are required to attend a one-time, mandatory Mentor Orientation Session. Topics include:
- Overview of the CYC organization
- Mentoring program goals and structure
- Developing the mentoring relationship
- Roles and responsibilities of a mentor
- Qualities of a mentor
- Issues related to mentoring such as money, personal boundaries, and working with parents.
You will receive a CYC Mentoring Program Handbook and other related materials. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions and meet other new mentors.
All training sessions are held at the Mayerson Academy, 2650 Highland Avenue, Cincinnati, and last no more than two hours. But the training doesn't stop there! Seminars and additional trainings are offered throughout the year, which focus on subjects such as motivating your student to do well in school. You will also be assigned to a Master Mentor — someone who has been mentoring students for five years or more — who will be available to answer questions and help you overcome stumbling blocks along the way.